Saturday, May 8, 2010

Of all the things I am...

I am...

a daughter
a big sister
a wife
a teacher
a friend
a piano player
a shopper
a make-up addict
a beer lover
a tweeter
a researcher
an organizer
a stepdancer
a professional development geek
a red wine drinker
a hockey fan
an easy going, fun loving girl


but before any of those I am something special...

I am a mother.

Those people I mentioned above are now smaller parts of me; pieces of me that have taken a backseat.
For now, I hold the most important occupation, passion, love:

I am a mother.

There is no greater love.
No greater responsibility.
No greater challenge.

But it's part of me I'd never change; never look back upon with regrets; never complain about; never expect anyone else to understand, because no one can ever be a mom to my two children like I am.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day.

I am so proud to be a mom, so humbled, that even writing that brings tears to my eyes and a slight lump in my throat. While tomorrow will undoubtedly bring gifts, I'm afraid I've already received the greatest gifts of all.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. The beer drinking part had me in tears. I'd love a beer right now.

    Just kidding about the tears. Kids are lovely, despite what I sometimes write on my blog...

    Happy Mother's Day! Great to have you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day Mamma Dawn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my post! ~Dawn