Thursday, July 8, 2010

Moments of Peace

Ok. I know it's only week 1 of summer vacation, but with this sudden minor heat wave, I've got some cranky, whiney kids on my hands! (If only I had the octopus genes so I could manage getting the 3 of us to the beach... it's nearly impossible!)

So, I've been seeking moments of peace. Little Mommy Time Outs. (I'm having one write right now!):

  • When Caillou or Imagination Movers are on TV
  • When 17 month old is completely engaged in eating, in his high chair & 4 & 1/2 year old is eating anything from her favourite foods list (anything that's pasta)
  • When I sneak up and out of bed before they get up and I check out twitter and have a cup of coffee
  • A little afternoon escapade that results in a double nap in the backseat (I've been known to park somewhere and relish the silence!)
  • Sitting on the deck watching the kids run and play in the yard... nicely.... together... like they get along
  • At about 10pm-12am when I either sit on the deck with the laptop or a book or simply sit in the big arm chair and completely veg.
  • A simple burst of fiddle tunes on the tv/radio/iPod/computer
  • Hearing this song on the Holiday Inn commercial on tv
  • And, I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that I do find it completely peaceful when either of them sneak up on me and give me a great big hug, or simply snuggle in beside me on the couch.
How/where do you find your moments of peace?

Peace.... sigh....
(It also comes in liquid form...red wine, coffee, latte, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my post! ~Dawn