So, I've been seeking moments of peace. Little Mommy Time Outs. (I'm having one
- When Caillou or Imagination Movers are on TV
- When 17 month old is completely engaged in eating, in his high chair & 4 & 1/2 year old is eating anything from her favourite foods list (anything that's pasta)
- When I sneak up and out of bed before they get up and I check out twitter and have a cup of coffee
- A little afternoon escapade that results in a double nap in the backseat (I've been known to park somewhere and relish the silence!)
- Sitting on the deck watching the kids run and play in the yard... nicely.... together... like they get along
- At about 10pm-12am when I either sit on the deck with the laptop or a book or simply sit in the big arm chair and completely veg.
- A simple burst of fiddle tunes on the tv/radio/iPod/computer
- Hearing this song on the Holiday Inn commercial on tv
- And, I'd be remiss if I didn't admit that I do find it completely peaceful when either of them sneak up on me and give me a great big hug, or simply snuggle in beside me on the couch.